Ask the Captain (170)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Flying to Australia

I've been trying to do this for 4 years but the thought of 2 take off/landings each way, turbulence and so long in the air always beats me.…

Started by Jacqueline Barker

1 Feb 1, 2013
Reply by Captain Keith

Flying Friday (12/28)!

Hey all! First off I have to thank Captain Keith for all the wonderful content on this site. I haven't flown in a few years. Never used to…

Started by Mike Conway

8 Jan 7, 2013
Reply by Sarah

Questions about seats?

Hi Everyone I've read that the most "stable" seats on a plane are over the wing. I read that when a plane encounters turbulence, the passen…

Started by Yilyn Lim

6 Dec 8, 2012
Reply by Captain Keith

A couple of questions

Today in Kiev we had the kind of snow that would normally bring England to a standstill (i.e. about 6 inches.) Everyone in the office has b…

Started by Sarah

2 Dec 4, 2012
Reply by Sarah

Flying Sydney to Dallas, Dallas to Atlanta.. Help :'(

I.. hate and am afraid of everything BUT the landing.. because I know once the plane lands, its over and I'm safe. There is very good distr…

Started by Vienna

9 Nov 18, 2012
Reply by Captain Keith

Weight of the plane

Hi Captain Keith,   I've been in touch before and your factual and no-nonsense response was a huge help when I had to fly to Brunei. In fac…

Started by Mnethercott

0 Nov 15, 2012

Single big bump in a flight

Hello Captain, On my return flight from POS to LGW we encountered very big bump. It was like 10 mins after the plane started to descend. I…

Started by Darius R

2 Nov 8, 2012
Reply by Darius R

Using electronic devices during take off and landing

On take off and landing we are always told not to use any electronic devices. Does this include video cameras, cameras and MP3 players? I g…

Started by Louise

7 Nov 7, 2012
Reply by Jim

Traffic jam...

I have just found this site: http://www.flightradar24.com/ If you zoom out, you realize how congested is the sky! Quite frightening, if you…

Started by Enrico

7 Sep 6, 2012
Reply by Louise

BIRDS

Yesterday, I flew from Weeze (Germany) to London. At the airport, I noticed an unusual (to me, at least) presence of birds, scratching (and…

Started by Enrico

0 Sep 4, 2012

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

About

Captain Keith created this Ning Network.

Helping Each Other

We're here to help all fearful flyers by giving you support, help, encouragement and guidance.

So tell us your story, ask us how we can help.

And maybe you'll tell everyone you know about this forum because even if they haven't told you, someone you know is also anxious about flying.

Fear of flying? This is the internet's biggest free forum. The only on-line fear of flying course is at premium.flyingwithoutfear.com

© 2021   Created by Captain Keith.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service