Well folks,

I have decided to visit my relatives in Australia.

 

Only booked the flights this week and I go at the beginning of March so just 7 weeks or so to go!

 

I am travelling on my own (hubby has a trans-atlantic trip booked with a friend of his (bucket list thing apparently LOL) in May so doesn't have enough leave to do both trips.

 

I am feeling quite good about this holiday, but when I look back to coming here and facing my fears and growing in knowledge and confidence, it has to be said that this has got to be the biggest flight I have done in new 'me' mode.

 

I hope that my story inspires those of you who are beginning your journey to conquer your fears.

(read my journey, its all here on the foums, the good, the bad, the tears and the smiles)

 

Did n't have so much of a wobble, but more of a slight tremor last night when I sat and thought about doing this trip. I feel fine though and will keep you posted of how the trip goes.

 

June

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi June

 

How proud am I of you........of all of us 'fearful flyers because I KNOW it can be done :)

 

Phoebe

Hi June

 

Just wanted to send encouraging (((hugs))) to you.

 

I'm not going to wish you luck.....you don't need it ;-).

 

I am sooooo proud of you and doing this on your own WOW. Keep in touch and let us know how it's all going.

 

Only 5 weeks till Emma's due date and 7 weeks to the start of our 8 week trip.......did you ever imaging we could even talk about this a couple of short years ago. I LOVE THIS SITE :)

 

Phoebe

Well, I am pleased to say that I have successfully completed my trip to Oz.

3 flights there and 3 flights back! I flew with Etihad airways and they were really good. Wow, I wasn't sure how I would be but I am pleased to say that I managed really well.

Felt a bit anxious boarding my first flight from Manchester to Abu Dhabi, suddenly felt quite alone and asking myself was I sure I wanted to do this, but yes, I did want to do it. I wanted to prove to myself that I was capable of taking on a long haul on my own, with not too much stress. In the event, at take off I just closed my eyes, steadied my breathing and kept a mental picture of Keith telling me my mantra, that made me smile. I also kept in mind my son, who is training as an aircraft engineer and all the things he has told me to reassure me.

Even on the return journey when the seat belt sign was on for nearly the whole 7.5hrs of the flight from Brisbane to Singapore because of the turbulence, I kept my eyes glued to my inflight movie and whenever there was a bump that unnerved me I'd just picture Keith saying "turbulence...uncomfortable, but not dangerous" and the reassuring words of encouragement from my son.

I now feel pretty confident to undertake a flight be it with family or friends or even on my own. I still have apprehensions but I can now deal with them, and not let them overwhelm me as they have done in the past.

Its something I have had to work hard on mentally, but the perseverance has paid off. To all of you who are on this journey, don't give up, keep chipping away at it and keep taking those flights. Little by little the fears will subside and your confidence will grow.

My story is well documented here, please look back at my old posts (and the dvd) and see the difference that the support from this forum, from Keith and Turi, from the seminar and especially from husband, son and friends and family have made.

 

Happy flying folks ..... now then, where to next :-) ??

June x

Hi June


You don't need me to tell you how proud I am of you but I'm going to anyway :)

 

You sound so confident and relaxed about it all now I know how fantastic it is to 'get there' and see your family/friends when at one time lets face it we never thought we would.

 

You have helped me so much along the way June you will never know how grateful I am for your support on and off the forum, I still remember ringing you and Keith from Oz the day I arrived (like a crazy woman lol) after 60 hours straight of being awake and running only on adrenaline and a couple of bacardi and coke's, I know I was as high as a kite with how much I had acheived and it's all been down to this site and friends like you.

 

What an acheivement for you June, I will also remember Keith's mantra (--- - ----- -- ----) hope you don't mind June shareing that with me Keith, and I'm sure it will also make me smile :)

 

Phoebe xx


June said:

Well, I am pleased to say that I have successfully completed my trip to Oz.

3 flights there and 3 flights back! I flew with Etihad airways and they were really good. Wow, I wasn't sure how I would be but I am pleased to say that I managed really well.

Felt a bit anxious boarding my first flight from Manchester to Abu Dhabi, suddenly felt quite alone and asking myself was I sure I wanted to do this, but yes, I did want to do it. I wanted to prove to myself that I was capable of taking on a long haul on my own, with not too much stress. In the event, at take off I just closed my eyes, steadied my breathing and kept a mental picture of Keith telling me my mantra, that made me smile. I also kept in mind my son, who is training as an aircraft engineer and all the things he has told me to reassure me.

Even on the return journey when the seat belt sign was on for nearly the whole 7.5hrs of the flight from Brisbane to Singapore because of the turbulence, I kept my eyes glued to my inflight movie and whenever there was a bump that unnerved me I'd just picture Keith saying "turbulence...uncomfortable, but not dangerous" and the reassuring words of encouragement from my son.

I now feel pretty confident to undertake a flight be it with family or friends or even on my own. I still have apprehensions but I can now deal with them, and not let them overwhelm me as they have done in the past.

Its something I have had to work hard on mentally, but the perseverance has paid off. To all of you who are on this journey, don't give up, keep chipping away at it and keep taking those flights. Little by little the fears will subside and your confidence will grow.

My story is well documented here, please look back at my old posts (and the dvd) and see the difference that the support from this forum, from Keith and Turi, from the seminar and especially from husband, son and friends and family have made.

 

Happy flying folks ..... now then, where to next :-) ??

June x

 

This is how to bring tears to a young man's eyes. Well done the pair of you what about  us all meeting up sometime ? Bring your didgerreedoos along.

 

Keith

Yep, I'd be up a for get together :-D

x

Hi June, Don't think there are any powerful words to describe your fantastic success- what an achievement and how far you have come since you first wrote on the "old" F of F site. Billions of congratulations.

My forthcoming week end flight to Italy is small fry!

Elizabeth. x

That would be nice :)

 

I can't beleive June has been to Oz near to where I will be but come back before I got there.......if that makes sense !!!

 

Phoebe

Captain Keith said:

 

This is how to bring tears to a young man's eyes. Well done the pair of you what about  us all meeting up sometime ? Bring your didgerreedoos along.

 

Keith

Hi Elizabeth

Thank you for your kind words.
I will be thinking of you at the weekend as you fly to Italy. Whereabouts are you going to? I love Italy.

Just think of all your successes - especially your holiday to Cuba!!

Sending you lots and lots of positive vibes

June x x
Elizabeth said:

Hi June, Don't think there are any powerful words to describe your fantastic success- what an achievement and how far you have come since you first wrote on the "old" F of F site. Billions of congratulations.

My forthcoming week end flight to Italy is small fry!

Elizabeth. x

Hi June,

We fly to Bari almost on the heel of Italy and are once more on a walking holiday staying in Alberello noted for little houses called trulli. It is just a quick week's relaxing break before Easter. We want to go somewhere more adventurous before Christmas, perhaps India on a big plane again (I loved being on a 747 ) but no definite plans yet. Am really pleased for you for travelling so far by yourself.

Take care, Elizabeth. x

Wow June...that's amazing.Well done on your recent trip.....RESPECT! Bev  xx

also Hi to Elizabeth and good luck with your forthcoming flight to Italy

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

  • Add Photos
  • View All

About

Captain Keith created this Ning Network.

Helping Each Other

We're here to help all fearful flyers by giving you support, help, encouragement and guidance.

So tell us your story, ask us how we can help.

And maybe you'll tell everyone you know about this forum because even if they haven't told you, someone you know is also anxious about flying.

Fear of flying? This is the internet's biggest free forum. The only on-line fear of flying course is at premium.flyingwithoutfear.com

© 2020   Created by Captain Keith.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service