Hi all,

I'm new to the site and was relieved when I saw how many members were signed up.  As silly as it may sound, knowing I'm not the only one who has the 'fear' is soothing itself.

I haven't flown in 10 years.  I used to fly often and without issue until I had a bad experience, turbulence of course, which changed my perspective on flying.  I did fly after that experience but my fear got worse and worse to the point where my last time on a plane ended before it began; shortly after sitting down I got up and left the plane before it taxied to the runway.

My fear is not the plane or turbulence but more the fact that I don't have control I guess.  My fear, as silly as it may sound, is that I might have a panic attack or something when I'm 35,000 feet in the air but wont be able to get out so to speak?

I tell myself I can get past this and that it's best to embrace the 'fear' if it does present itself but this time I wont be flying alone.  I'll be flying with my wife and two young children and do NOT want them to see me nervous.  Part of the concern is passing this along to them which I will not let happen.

Sounds familiar to anyone?  Does anyone have tips that might help?

Cheers!

Views: 26

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello.
First of all don't feel the need to belittle your fear. We all know that feeling that you fear is taking control of you and you have come to the right place to get something done about it.
My own story began with the fear of not being in control and worrying that I might have a panic attack mid flight. Im happy to say that I have worked hard and overcome these fears using the tools available on this site and the help of the forum. For me it's been about education! I understand so much about planes and the aviation industry now that when flying I can relax and let the professionals do there job and take control. Good luck . Jim

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

About

Captain Keith created this Ning Network.

Helping Each Other

We're here to help all fearful flyers by giving you support, help, encouragement and guidance.

So tell us your story, ask us how we can help.

And maybe you'll tell everyone you know about this forum because even if they haven't told you, someone you know is also anxious about flying.

Fear of flying? This is the internet's biggest free forum. The only on-line fear of flying course is at premium.flyingwithoutfear.com

© 2021   Created by Captain Keith.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service