The butterflies have started...... Although having had hypnosis things are a little easier. I don't feel the need for tranquilisers now! ;)

The volcanic ash has now added to my overactive imagination, and can now visualise engine failure and panic!

Its only a 2 hour flight to ibiza..... help me get a grip!

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kate....brilliant!

Well done you ! Don't see it as having to pluck up courage...you've done that bit on these flights. Going to Australia is the next part of the strategy. WELL DONE !

Keith

Hi Kate,

Well done - thats a great achievement. You'll be booking your flight to Australia in no time. Best wishes. Frank Edwards 

Kate said:

Hello all,

I'm back safe and slightly more confident!

I felt physically sick on the way to the airport and couldn't stomach any food. Although once on the flight after take off, I relaxed again!

On the way home I wasn't as bad on the way to the airport but seemed a little worse on the flight home! (strange)

We sat near to the front on the way out to ibiza and sat near the back on the way home . . . . . . . not that it makes a difference on safety but I felt a lot more comfortable nearer the front away from the noises of the engines!

Phil, your advise really helped me. I used your way of thinking quite alot - just concentrating on what I was doing step by step. When turbulance occured, I just looked out of the window telling myself it is perfectly safe and nothing to worry about. I remembered a comment on someone's post about looking at a drink and the actual amount of movement is not very much.

So all in all - My thinking was a lot more logical! 

Approx 1 hour into the flight and I actually felt like I could have a snooze (if I didn't have 2 children to entertain)! - I was so exhausted from all the worry!

So..........the next challenged is to pluck up the courage to book a flight to Australia to see my closest friend!! :-)

Thank you all again for all your support!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

About

Captain Keith created this Ning Network.

Helping Each Other

We're here to help all fearful flyers by giving you support, help, encouragement and guidance.

So tell us your story, ask us how we can help.

And maybe you'll tell everyone you know about this forum because even if they haven't told you, someone you know is also anxious about flying.

Fear of flying? This is the internet's biggest free forum. The only on-line fear of flying course is at premium.flyingwithoutfear.com

© 2022   Created by Captain Keith.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service