This is not going to be a happy post. I've been feeling not too great about flying lately. I haven't made my last flight for which I feel absolutely crap! I regret not getting on that plane yet I am still absolutely terrified to. I know all the facts, how do I get them into my head and believe them? I want to fly, I want to see places and meet people! Do I keep reading the facts? I'm feeling lost :(

Natalia

Views: 49

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Natalia,

Don't beat yourself up, making effort to conquer your fears is a positive thing and you should take strength from the fact you are challenging yourself to achieve your goal.

You may have seen a post I did last week regarding my recent holiday to Croatia and how fantastic everything went. Well like you in the past I have had to cancel flights. About 5-6 years ago I had a holiday booked to Switzerland, I'd been through check in and even got to the steps of the plane, in fact the stewardess let me sit on the plane and I still bottled out of it. I felt awful, cried my eyes out at how low I felt, but with the help of Keith and other members of this site I've kept going and I'm now having the time of my life flying 3-4 times a year trying to make up for lost time. 

Keep being positive. I used to look at planes in the sky and I'd feel nervous, now I look at them and all I picture is what luxury place they are going to and imagine myself sipping on a nice cold beer by a pool on holiday. 

Keep educating yourself with the facts, be open and honest with everyone so you don't feel alone.

I look forward to reading your success story in the future!

Jim

Hi Jim,

Thank you for your reply.

It is so encouraging to hear your story. That it is possible to go and fly successfully after cancelling flights.

I am drawing up a plan for myself that I am going to stick to and to motivate myself I will book a flight for early next year or this Christmas.

Thank you!

Natalia

Jim said:

Hi Natalia,

Don't beat yourself up, making effort to conquer your fears is a positive thing and you should take strength from the fact you are challenging yourself to achieve your goal.

You may have seen a post I did last week regarding my recent holiday to Croatia and how fantastic everything went. Well like you in the past I have had to cancel flights. About 5-6 years ago I had a holiday booked to Switzerland, I'd been through check in and even got to the steps of the plane, in fact the stewardess let me sit on the plane and I still bottled out of it. I felt awful, cried my eyes out at how low I felt, but with the help of Keith and other members of this site I've kept going and I'm now having the time of my life flying 3-4 times a year trying to make up for lost time. 

Keep being positive. I used to look at planes in the sky and I'd feel nervous, now I look at them and all I picture is what luxury place they are going to and imagine myself sipping on a nice cold beer by a pool on holiday. 

Keep educating yourself with the facts, be open and honest with everyone so you don't feel alone.

I look forward to reading your success story in the future!

Jim

Hi Natalia:

I am currently busy preparing myself for tomorrow's flight ... As ironic as it may seem, the fear of flying is a big opportunity to grow, an opportunity we have not been waiting for, but now that it fell on our doorstep ...

Natalia, you are stronger than you think and I am just as confident as Jim that you will be flying again ... I feel that you want it and that you are determined and that is the backbone of your plan of action :)

Looking forward to learning about the details of your plan of action!

Patrik

Hi Patrick, thank you very much. I really hope I will be flying again. You are absolutely right. I do want to, I want to see places and meet people!
I hope your flight experience was great! Let us know about it :-)!

Natalia

Patrik Hedinger said:

Hi Natalia:

I am currently busy preparing myself for tomorrow's flight ... As ironic as it may seem, the fear of flying is a big opportunity to grow, an opportunity we have not been waiting for, but now that it fell on our doorstep ...

Natalia, you are stronger than you think and I am just as confident as Jim that you will be flying again ... I feel that you want it and that you are determined and that is the backbone of your plan of action :)

Looking forward to learning about the details of your plan of action!

Patrik

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

About

Captain Keith created this Ning Network.

Helping Each Other

We're here to help all fearful flyers by giving you support, help, encouragement and guidance.

So tell us your story, ask us how we can help.

And maybe you'll tell everyone you know about this forum because even if they haven't told you, someone you know is also anxious about flying.

Fear of flying? This is the internet's biggest free forum. The only on-line fear of flying course is at premium.flyingwithoutfear.com

© 2021   Created by Captain Keith.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service