Hello everyone

Well my third flight to Australia is coming up very fast now. The reason for going....to see my family again and meet my new grand baby who is due to make an apprearance in just over 3 weeks.

I was thinking today how, over the past few weeks I've been saying things like "I need to do my holiday lists" and "where shall we visit" etc..........goodness how far I have come since finding this site :)

Leading up to that first flight to Australia in 2008 I was a complete basket case, couldnt plan anything if I got to Oz in case I couldnt get on the plane, months of sleepless nights and panic filled days.

Of course the flights do enter my head, of course I'm still nervous, of course I get the odd wobble and dont even mention the flight time 23 hours !!! but after doing it twice now I am not 'terrified' of the airports, I'm not 'terrified' of getting on the plane, I'm not 'terrified' of the noises.  I have things in place to help me, break the flights up into segments, i.e. eat, drink, watch a movie, eat, drink read, listen to music, drink (the long haul flights seem to constantly feed you lol)

My advice to anyone in my position....above all BELIEVE in yourself, I didn't but I do now and stay POSITIVE.

I'm going to meet my new grand baby, see my 2 beautiful grand daughters, my daughter & son in law. I could NEVER have said that three years ago. I bless the day I found this site and long may it be here to help people like me. I may need to 'pop' here a few times before I go for a 'fix' but there is no doubt in my mind I AM GOING.

Phoebe

Views: 36

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

well done Phoebe-you've got through all the build up nerves and you deserve a big pat on the back.We are all with you today-keep smiling and think of seeing your fantastic family in just a few days.The support on this website is brilliant and have you noticed that not only are we all flying here, there and everywhere but we are all enjoying it! Looking forward to hearing all about your trip, Bev xx

Hi everyone

Right as usual Keith :)

Just a quick note to let you all know I met my new Aussie grandson at 4am this morning Oz time and he's beautiful :)

Will post regarding the flights when I get back but for now I'm going to enjoy every minute of the 8 weeks I have here.

It's only been 27c today but it will do for me....good luck to all of you with flights coming up......if I can do this for the THIRD time you can do it too.

Phoebe

Captain Keith said:

Anticipatory fear about to turn into another wonderful trip. Keep your guard up , do all the things that help you.

Thinking of you

Keith

Phoebe

FANTASTIC  THREE TIMES TO AUSTRALIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keith and everyone here

Another beautiful day on the Gold Coast of Austrlia......and I wanted to share this video with you all it's REALLY funy and watch it to the end.......

Phoebe

Attachments:
fantastic achievment Phoebe!!! Well done and now enjoy your time with your family, Bev xx

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

About

Captain Keith created this Ning Network.

Helping Each Other

We're here to help all fearful flyers by giving you support, help, encouragement and guidance.

So tell us your story, ask us how we can help.

And maybe you'll tell everyone you know about this forum because even if they haven't told you, someone you know is also anxious about flying.

Fear of flying? This is the internet's biggest free forum. The only on-line fear of flying course is at premium.flyingwithoutfear.com

© 2020   Created by Captain Keith.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service