Hello everyone

Well my third flight to Australia is coming up very fast now. The reason for going....to see my family again and meet my new grand baby who is due to make an apprearance in just over 3 weeks.

I was thinking today how, over the past few weeks I've been saying things like "I need to do my holiday lists" and "where shall we visit" etc..........goodness how far I have come since finding this site :)

Leading up to that first flight to Australia in 2008 I was a complete basket case, couldnt plan anything if I got to Oz in case I couldnt get on the plane, months of sleepless nights and panic filled days.

Of course the flights do enter my head, of course I'm still nervous, of course I get the odd wobble and dont even mention the flight time 23 hours !!! but after doing it twice now I am not 'terrified' of the airports, I'm not 'terrified' of getting on the plane, I'm not 'terrified' of the noises.  I have things in place to help me, break the flights up into segments, i.e. eat, drink, watch a movie, eat, drink read, listen to music, drink (the long haul flights seem to constantly feed you lol)

My advice to anyone in my position....above all BELIEVE in yourself, I didn't but I do now and stay POSITIVE.

I'm going to meet my new grand baby, see my 2 beautiful grand daughters, my daughter & son in law. I could NEVER have said that three years ago. I bless the day I found this site and long may it be here to help people like me. I may need to 'pop' here a few times before I go for a 'fix' but there is no doubt in my mind I AM GOING.

Phoebe

Views: 38

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Phoebe-remember me?! Just wanted to add my best wishes here for your forthcoming trip to Australia.Keep concentrating on the fact that you have been so sucessful in the past and you have done this before.Like others on this site you have been a real inspiration to me and really helped me tackle my flights in the past.

I have decided to bite the bullet and get on another plane and although it will be a short flight ( Gatwick to Dublin) it means it will get me flying again.....we can do it!!

Keep smiling and good luck Phoebe, Bev xx

I wanted to share with my friends the fantastic news that my first Grandson was born on 2nd April weighing in at a healthy 8lb 3oz Harry Christopher Robert Stawicki, few heart stopping moments but after emergency section Mammy and Baby doing well............................now THIS is whay I love this this forum, it's going to get me on a plane (well several planes lol) in 2 weeks time to go and see them :)

Phoebe x

Attachments:

Phoebe

Congrats and I'm glad all is well.

Keith

Congratulations Phoebe on the arrival of your new grandson...bet you can't wait to get there to see him! Bevxx

Thanks

I'm considering swiming it lol...........

2 weeks today and counting :)

Phoebe x

what fab photos Phoebe-your grandchildren are gorgeous.Keep thinking that two weeks today you will be safely there and be able to enjoy your lovely new grandchild! You're doing really well x

I've got information that can help....

Keith

Wonderful news! So glad to hear the little one arrived safe and sound. Will be thinking of you on your long journey in two weeks. Many congrats.

Keith

I'll deffinatly send him to you for his training lol

Phoebe x
Captain Keith said:

I've got information that can help....

Keith

Hi Phoebe,

My heartiest congratulations to you and all the family on the birth of your new grandson. You are blessed with wonderful grandchildren. Delighted to hear that all went well and everyone is healthy and doing well. The days are counting down fast now to your trip and I'm sure you're all excited about it. Have a great time - you have the most fantastic reasons to make the trip and you'll be in Oz before you know it. Very best wishes to you and all the family. Frank Edwards

Phoebe Jane Wilson said:

I wanted to share with my friends the fantastic news that my first Grandson was born on 2nd April weighing in at a healthy 8lb 3oz Harry Christopher Robert Stawicki, few heart stopping moments but after emergency section Mammy and Baby doing well............................now THIS is whay I love this this forum, it's going to get me on a plane (well several planes lol) in 2 weeks time to go and see them :)

Phoebe x

Hi Everyone

Well now I have had time to catch my breath packing is in full flow.......2 deliveries for work tomorrow and last one on Friday yippeeee......

Only 6 more sleeps before we leave for the airport, I'm filled with a mixture of fearfulness (for the journey) and the joy of meeting my new grandson and seeing my girls but BOY am I looking forward to the 8 weeks off work :)

We have lots of things planned including baby Harry's christening and of course the Easter Bunny will be coming a few days after we arrive. Two night stop in Singapore to rest up (found this really helped my gammy knees last time lol).

Do you know as I write this I am actually feeling a little excited :)

Phoebe x

Hi

We leave on Sunday but have a 2 night stop over in Singapore so our onward flight to Brisbane is on Wednesday!!!!!

We leave Changi airport on the 15.20 with Emirates........

Enjoy your holidays :)

Phoebe x

Zsuzsanna said:

Phoebe which day are you flying exactly?? I am also flying next Wednesday, to California!! I'm also getting a bit nervous but managing so far, and am definitely excited as I've always wanted to see California and fear isn't stopping me any more!! It would be a kind of cool if we were in the air at the same time, going in exactly opposite directions!! :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

About

Captain Keith created this Ning Network.

Helping Each Other

We're here to help all fearful flyers by giving you support, help, encouragement and guidance.

So tell us your story, ask us how we can help.

And maybe you'll tell everyone you know about this forum because even if they haven't told you, someone you know is also anxious about flying.

Fear of flying? This is the internet's biggest free forum. The only on-line fear of flying course is at premium.flyingwithoutfear.com

© 2022   Created by Captain Keith.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service