Hi guys,

In about a month I'll be taking a trip from Brazil to the United States, and it takes off at midnight - most of the trip is at night.  Does that make any difference to the pilots? It feels a lot scarier for me for some reason, perhaps because darkness always seems more scary.

Another perhaps stupid question is, do the flight attendants sleep? I'm afraid of being really panicky and not being able to tell anyone because they're napping!

Is turbulence really never dangerous?

Thanks so much,

Annie 

Views: 58

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not just me then Annie. I seem to be worse on a night flight, I always have to keep the small light on.

No

Sometimes

Not as long as you have your seat belt secured tightly.

Keith

ps We fly the same way at night as we do during the daytime...by using the instruments.

There will always be flight attendants on duty. On long flights they carry extra crew.

Say to yourself  "TURBULENCE MAY BE UNCOMFORTABLE BUT THAT'S NOT THE SAME AS DANGEROUS."

Turbulences - just a week ago during the night flight Caracas - Paris (over the Atlantic) we had for two hours them. I was nervous, couldnt eat so decided to tell about it a member of the crew and finally felt better. Just because she knew I could ask her for help if I needed.

Night flight - during the national flight in Venezuela it was very sunny that day and because the pilots doors were open (small plane, for 19 people) I could observe them during the whole journey - they put the foils on their front windows to avoid lots of sun and they used the instruments. Did not need to look out...

:-)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

About

Captain Keith created this Ning Network.

Helping Each Other

We're here to help all fearful flyers by giving you support, help, encouragement and guidance.

So tell us your story, ask us how we can help.

And maybe you'll tell everyone you know about this forum because even if they haven't told you, someone you know is also anxious about flying.

Fear of flying? This is the internet's biggest free forum. The only on-line fear of flying course is at premium.flyingwithoutfear.com

© 2020   Created by Captain Keith.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service