I'm flying from Naples to London in 6 days, flight leaves at midday and I believe takes a couple of hours.
On the bad side, I'm worried about thunderstorms (you get a lot of them this time of year in South Italy) & consequently thinking about turbulence, being hit by lightning, etc. etc. which is NOT HELPFUL. :)
On the good side, I am going to try and make this flight go as well as possible, by doing the following:
- printing out some of the reassuring statements on the website to read as I get on board
- trying to remember that worrying does not do any good at all.
- concentrating on all the fun things I am going to do in the UK
- trying to see flying as safe and normal.
- concentrating on breathing well and relaxing the whole time I'm in the airport, and any time I think about flying.

Views: 23

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Leila,
brilliant news to hear of your flight.
I also experienced a living geography lesson from the air flying over the Alps - glaciated valleys, meandering rivers -fantastic- fluffy clouds against vivid blue sky- flying over the Atlantic for many hours may not be quite as interesting!
Well done,
Elizabeth.
Don't worry about it...just carry on as before.
I won't delete your new profile in case it cancels the first one as well.

Captain Keith

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

About

Captain Keith created this Ning Network.

Helping Each Other

We're here to help all fearful flyers by giving you support, help, encouragement and guidance.

So tell us your story, ask us how we can help.

And maybe you'll tell everyone you know about this forum because even if they haven't told you, someone you know is also anxious about flying.

Fear of flying? This is the internet's biggest free forum. The only on-line fear of flying course is at premium.flyingwithoutfear.com

© 2022   Created by Captain Keith.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service