Hi Keith and everyone on the forum

I wanted to let you all know that after nearly twenty years of absolute terror when it came to ever considering a flight, including a few missed flights where I've just given up and gone home, and plenty of 28 hour train journeys just to go on a short holiday, I've just managed to fly to Iceland and back in the most comfortable state I have ever been in. I can honestly say that for about 99% of the time travelling I didn't even worry at all, just that last 1% of the old nagging doubts lurking somewhere in my subconscious!

As Keith will probably remember I was hysterical on the telephone to him last month as I was asked to fly to Germany for work and it involved a change, so four flights in total, and I just felt I couldn't do it. But with the reassurance of Keith, attending the course twice, listening to the CD, I got myself through it reasonably well. And then I had to go to a wedding in Iceland, suddenly having taken four flights so close to this one made it all feel very normal. The take off, cruise and landing just felt familiar to me. Any noises or turbulence were just routine, I had complete trust in the safety culture of flying to get me there, and I have completely surprised myself!

I wanted to let everyone know that it is possible to do this, I've doubted it myself many times in the past but I am now able to say that I've just flown without fear... And I'm even looking forward to booking the next one, which is a million miles away from my usual "I am never doing that again" when I land!!!

Thank you so much Keith, you were absolutely amazing and you were completely right, what an opportunity I had with six flights in such a short space of time, it was definitely a case of run away and give up or grasp the opportunity and go for it. I am so glad I did. Thank you again.

Good luck and be brave everyone, this is a crippling fear and yet everyone around us gets to enjoy their holidays and trips away, there's really no reason why we can't too. Go for it!

Helen

Views: 44

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Excellent- congratulations on your success.

Where next?

Elizabeth.

Thanks Elizabeth, maybe it's time for my first long-haul for about eighteen years, the world feels very big again!

Elizabeth said:

Excellent- congratulations on your success.

Where next?

Elizabeth.

Helen

Wow  what an inspiration you are!  You certainly went thru' agony to get where you are right now didn't you? This isn't easy for anyone, and courage confidence and sheer rugged determination are sometimes the only things that make it work.

It's great to reflect on those conversations we had and all the wrestling you did with your feelings and your fears.

There were times when I wondered if you'd find the courage ...and I'm sure you did too.

The highlight for me was that re-written email that we decided upon ...worked out great didn't it?

But of course all the credit is down to you ...you overcame your fear  you faced your fear and the rest of us here were just helpers ...thank you for your kind comments  but the star.............is you!!

Keith

Hi Keith, that email was definitely a turning point, I've been imagining what I would be feeling like now had I sent my original one! Even though I had the courage in me somewhere, it was you that helped me find it... thank you again for all that you did to support me, especially when I was at my most hysterical!

Have a lovely Easter... Helen

Captain Keith said:

Helen

Wow  what an inspiration you are!  You certainly went thru' agony to get where you are right now didn't you? This isn't easy for anyone, and courage confidence and sheer rugged determination are sometimes the only things that make it work.

It's great to reflect on those conversations we had and all the wrestling you did with your feelings and your fears.

There were times when I wondered if you'd find the courage ...and I'm sure you did too.

The highlight for me was that re-written email that we decided upon ...worked out great didn't it?

But of course all the credit is down to you ...you overcame your fear  you faced your fear and the rest of us here were just helpers ...thank you for your kind comments  but the star.............is you!!

Keith

Thanks for sharing a great story!

Helen said:

Hi Keith, that email was definitely a turning point, I've been imagining what I would be feeling like now had I sent my original one! Even though I had the courage in me somewhere, it was you that helped me find it... thank you again for all that you did to support me, especially when I was at my most hysterical!

Have a lovely Easter... Helen

Captain Keith said:

Helen

Keith

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

About

Captain Keith created this Ning Network.

Helping Each Other

We're here to help all fearful flyers by giving you support, help, encouragement and guidance.

So tell us your story, ask us how we can help.

And maybe you'll tell everyone you know about this forum because even if they haven't told you, someone you know is also anxious about flying.

Fear of flying? This is the internet's biggest free forum. The only on-line fear of flying course is at premium.flyingwithoutfear.com

© 2022   Created by Captain Keith.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service