Hello Captain Keith and everyone,

I cant believe this but I have booked myself on a flight to Marrakech in August. this will be over a year since I have flown and weirdly enough Marrakech was the last place I flew to. My best friend is getting married and she insists I come with her on her hen weekend which she is having there. Why does everyone want to go to Marrakech...whats wrong with England boohoo. I have explained that my fear has got worse and that I might not be able to do it but she says it wont be the same without me and feel so pressured that I HAVE BOOKED IT. Now I feel petrified brave and sick all at once. I know this is all got so out of hand since the Air France incident as I was doing so well before but I am determined to fly more this year so I suppose at least this is a kick in the right direction...anyway just posting this on the forum to give me strength. Am very scared.

Views: 26

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Caro

Is it that you want me to come with you by treating me to First Class and a limo to and from the airport and 5 star accomodation when I get there?

If you feel anxious during the flight just send a note up to me and I'll get the steward to read it to me then, if I have time I'll come back and see you.

Would that help you ?

Caro....you've done it before. And you know what I'm going to say about Air France.......put it behind you.

Your friendly Captain Keith 01420 588 628
Captain Keith said:
Come on Caro

You can do this. You've managed every other time so let's GO!!!

Do the things that work and try to see beyong the flight to the benefits of going....ring me if you 'd like to

01420 588 628

Keith
Thanks Keith I am on the right path I think now, going through all my notes and listening to the CDs again..its almost like starting from scratch I really have to ping ping ping away those nightmare thoughts!!! Yes please fly the plane :)....um...not sure about the limo though, will see what I can do!!!
Thanks Steve, everything you say rings true to me and I know I will feel better facing this fear not putting it off Iike I have been doing..this site helps so much as it feels like you can say anything and people arent judging or getting annoyed. Am going to go for it!!!! :)

SteveK said:
I just know that when I think about flying or holidays my heart sinks and I feel sad.

I can honestly say 'I know how you feel' Caro..but think how sad your going to feel by not going, youl feel sad that you have missed out on a lovely trip..sad that your fears have beaten you and sad that you will probably have to go through it all again when the opportunity of another flight comes up...and if you take that flight youl probably feel miserable when you realise that you could have made this forthcoming one too.

Im not a gambling man...If i put money on the hare at a greyhound race it would get get cramp and stop!...but I reckon, come the day..youl be fine and walk on that plane with ease...head held high with pride in yourself that you have overcome your demons.

You mentioned the Air France tragedy..and of course theres no point in pretending it didnt happen...the plane crashed for a reason..whatever it was...but be assured, it wasnt 'bad luck'..theres no reason to think your plane will mmeet the same fate just because the Air France one did...try and put it into perspective...would you never get in a car again because you had heard one had crashed?..of course you would, and remember, a lot more people are involved in car crashes everyday that are involved in Air incidents every year.

You have overcome the biggest barrier...you have actually booked the flight...if you really really really really really thought you wouldnt make it you wouldnt have even done that...good start..well done!!

Try and think long term...your long term happiness balanced against your short term fear/sadness...balance the two on a set of imagary scales..weigh up the results..and youl dance onto that plane...

Steve
Caro said:
Jacqueline your message came through at the BEST time as I was just thinking to myself I CANT DO THIS I will have to cancel so now am going to rethink that one....why should I cancel I can do this am not letting the fear win!! You are so right! Do you know what it is aswell...I have got lazy in doing all the work, the pinging of the band, the positive affirmations etc...and if you dont keep working on it you slip back dont you?! Right...lets keep brave and well done you for booking flights, when are you going to St Bart?

Jacqueline Robinson said:
Caro, I too am going on another vacation this time to St Bart. You did it last year and you can do it again. Its ok your are a stong amazing women that can do anything. I remember you!!

Get out the rubber ban and stop any negitive thought thought that come it to your mind. I will be there for you !!

Dont cancel dont let the fear win.... YOU ARE A STONG AMAZING WOMEN THAT CAN DO ANYTHING!!
Caro, I leave on Friday June 4th for St. Bart I will be thinking of you and lots of positive things. We have to put the work to stay Positive dont let negitive thoughts enter your mind !!

I am a stong amazing women that can do anything !!

Caro said:
Jacqueline your message came through at the BEST time as I was just thinking to myself I CANT DO THIS I will have to cancel so now am going to rethink that one....why should I cancel I can do this am not letting the fear win!! You are so right! Do you know what it is aswell...I have got lazy in doing all the work, the pinging of the band, the positive affirmations etc...and if you dont keep working on it you slip back dont you?! Right...lets keep brave and well done you for booking flights, when are you going to St Bart?

Caro, I too am going on another vacation this time to St Bart. You did it last year and you can do it again. Its ok your are a stong amazing women that can do anything. I remember you!!

Get out the rubber ban and stop any negitive thought thought that come it to your mind. I will be there for you !!

Dont cancel dont let the fear win.... YOU ARE A STONG AMAZING WOMEN THAT CAN DO ANYTHING!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

About

Captain Keith created this Ning Network.

Helping Each Other

We're here to help all fearful flyers by giving you support, help, encouragement and guidance.

So tell us your story, ask us how we can help.

And maybe you'll tell everyone you know about this forum because even if they haven't told you, someone you know is also anxious about flying.

Fear of flying? This is the internet's biggest free forum. The only on-line fear of flying course is at premium.flyingwithoutfear.com

© 2020   Created by Captain Keith.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service