I am going to the UK for Christmas to spend time with my husband and my family. This is all the way from New Zealand and I am absolutely terrified. And it's still a few months away!

I am okay with taking off and landing, but my worst thing is in the middle of the flight (in this case, two 12 hour flights with one stop over)... I think I am okay then always have a panic attack because I am just waiting for a big drop, or a thunderstorm, or something to go wrong. I get so tense as I am just waiting.

I really want to enjoy these flights.I am determined, but am at a point where I am living my life to the fullest now, in the event that something could happen...

In the event of storms - they wouldn't go through it if it was dangerous, but sometimes it feels worse and it's not doing anything harmful to the plane (just to us terrified passengers).Right??

We're going via Bangkok, and are flying with Thai Airways, which i heard are good but i have never flown with them before.

If I could be guaranteed/promised that I would arrive safely and return home safely too, then I could relax.

Views: 151

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well done !!!

You're right next time will be better and if it's not it'll be the same and if it's not the same it'll only be like it was before ...  so you've come a long way and why shouldn't it continue?

Take a Gold medal from the pot!

Keith

Thanks Keith! :)

Captain Keith said:

Well done !!!

You're right next time will be better and if it's not it'll be the same and if it's not the same it'll only be like it was before ...  so you've come a long way and why shouldn't it continue?

Take a Gold medal from the pot!

Keith

Debs you are just like me on a flight. Iv just done 12hrs return too and thought it was bumpy but nobody else noticed. What are we like!
Well done a thousand times !!

Haha! And while we are sitting there thinking it's bad, people are sitting there like nothing is happening. We will get there!

A thousand well dones to you too!!

carly said:

Debs you are just like me on a flight. Iv just done 12hrs return too and thought it was bumpy but nobody else noticed. What are we like!
Well done a thousand times !!

Debs and Carly

You're both there but you don't know it yet ... and you want to prove it a little bit more. I understand all that ... but right now it's time for lots of well dones, congratulations and patting on the back stuff! 

Aw thanks Keith :) Yay!!

Captain Keith said:

Debs and Carly

You're both there but you don't know it yet ... and you want to prove it a little bit more. I understand all that ... but right now it's time for lots of well dones, congratulations and patting on the back stuff! 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

About

Captain Keith created this Ning Network.

Helping Each Other

We're here to help all fearful flyers by giving you support, help, encouragement and guidance.

So tell us your story, ask us how we can help.

And maybe you'll tell everyone you know about this forum because even if they haven't told you, someone you know is also anxious about flying.

Fear of flying? This is the internet's biggest free forum. The only on-line fear of flying course is at premium.flyingwithoutfear.com

© 2020   Created by Captain Keith.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service