Not Doing a Countdown to my Flight!!!! (Although it's 8 weeks!!!)

Hi Everyone!I

I wasn't going to do a count down to my flight because I didn't want to make a big issue out of it and do you know what??  It's not!!!!

My husband got me Keith's book (which has been read and re-read and re-read etc) and being with you guys on the this site has been a help I just wouldn't have believed possible.  My husband bought be the audio course and it has been even more of a help.  Listening to Keith's calm approach to it all I think "of course what am I thinking about!!"  All these things have been such a help to me that I (ME!!!!!!!!!) suggested we went on holiday this year!!!  ABSOLUTELY UNHEARD OF!!!!  The upshot is I am looking forward to my holiday and thinking about things we are going to do when we are there (it's just visiting my husband's family in Mallorca but I've never viewed going there as a "holiday" - this time I am).

My husband said a few weeks ago "14 weeks until we fly" and my first thought was......Oh no!  Can I lose 2lbs a week before then!!!!  Not flying - not dying!!

I have been "taking Keith to bed with me" for the last month (sorry Mrs Captain Keith) and last night I actually fell asleep listening to the audio course!!!!  I NEVER thought I would do that - even just the background noise of engines in the audio would make my stomach knot, give me palpitations and bring me out in a sweat!!!  I think I may be de-sensitised to it which can only be good!!

I may have a wobble at the airport so I'm going to put Keith's number into my phone but so far........

Thanks guys!!!

Views: 156

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!!! The eagle has LANDED!!!!!! Everything went smoothly, even managed to talk my hubby & son through some of the things that I knew were happening & the noises on the flight. Can´t thank Keith & everyone enough for all their help, support & good wishes. Think I deserve a cocktail or 2 tonight. Going now to enjoy my holiday & don´t think I´ll think about the flight home until maybe the day before.

Adios all !!! :-)

Well done! You must be soooooooo proud of yourself! Hope you have an amazing time!
Thanks guys!!!  Having difficutly logging on here in the sticks but thanking you all!! 

Hey guys!!  Flying home tomorrow and I have to say I haven´t thought about the flight until last night.  So audio course back on and listening to Keith´s calming voice!  Night time flight this time so I won´t be able to see wings etc like on way here but then I don´t need to be doing anything other than my breathing, visualisation and relaxation.

Probably log on again on Wednesday when I´m back at work!!

Alexa

You'll be fine, you know you will! Remember it's not the plane that's got the problem, it's me & you! You've done so well and should be proud as punch! Close your eyes and remember night time/day time makes no difference to the pilot!

(When you land I want the low down cos I've not even booked yet!)

Well done !!

I've been watching this chat with interest. Thanks for the compliments about the course. See you wednesday...

Keith

Jacqui

Just get on and book that flight please!

Keith

wjacqui stachan said:

You'll be fine, you know you will! Remember it's not the plane that's got the problem, it's me & you! You've done so well and should be proud as punch! Close your eyes and remember night time/day time makes no difference to the pilot!

If only...... thinking about hypnotherapy now since you're so far away.. Postponed my leave from August until September. I've had literally no leave since April and now have 24 days to take before 30th September. Where am I going? Argyle, me thinks! At least the midgies will be gone!

Captain Keith said:

Jacqui

Just get on and book that flight please!

Keith

wjacqui stachan said:

We were so close...the next day?

Why did you lose faith in yourself

Keith

Fear... not sure of specifics except the thought of being up there, 35,000 above ground, perhaps.

Hi all!!!

Back at work as if nothing happened......and of course it didn't and wasn't going to!!!  Got to admit I was a bit more jumpy on way back but I think that's because I hadn't prepared as much/in the same way!!  I did burst into tears when the "Ryanair Lottery" was announced because out of nowhere there was a loud fanfare!!!...........but THAT WAS AS BAD AS IT GOT and it did release a bit of tension!!

Hubby and son are soooo proud and I've got to admit I'm proud too!!

Jacqui and Zsuzsanna - thank you for your support!  Keith - THANK YOU!!!! you were with me every step of the way on my MP3! 

Jacqui try to face the fear (easy for me to say now) but it was worth it!!!  I may still go on one of Keith's ground courses just to get rid of the last few jitters or indeed for a total re-cap but that would mean another flight down to Alton......and I'm not sure if my nerves have recovered yet  LOL!!!

Thank you all again!!   Alexa

Alexa

Well done. This shows the value of a proper strategy...and having the courage to face your fear.

Brilliant...see you in Alton soon !

Keith

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

About

Captain Keith created this Ning Network.

Helping Each Other

We're here to help all fearful flyers by giving you support, help, encouragement and guidance.

So tell us your story, ask us how we can help.

And maybe you'll tell everyone you know about this forum because even if they haven't told you, someone you know is also anxious about flying.

Fear of flying? This is the internet's biggest free forum. The only on-line fear of flying course is at premium.flyingwithoutfear.com

© 2021   Created by Captain Keith.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service