So on Saturday I'm taking a 40 minute flight; on Sunday, an 8.5 hr flight, and on Tuesday, a 2.5 hr flight.  Naturally I'm most worried about the long one - are long flights any more dangerous than short flights?  Because it seems like there's more time for something to "go wrong", if you know what I mean.  Is this irrational?

Am trying to keep positive and will take things to get myself distracted.  I guess I just need to stay rational, though that's very hard to do.  Anxiety sucks!!

Thanks for any help!

Annie

Views: 114

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

BRILLIANT!

Keith

I still can't believe I did it!!  I am even considering flying up to Rhode Island instead of taking the train! 

Why not?

Keith

Well, I did end up taking the train to RI instead of flying, but I did fly from DC back to Sao Paulo (9.5 hours), and then from Sao Paulo to Rio (40 minutes), and it was okay! I was a bit nervous on the long flight as the layout of the plane kind of freaked me out (I think it's actually because all those scary airplane movies were shot in model 777s, and so I had that picture in my head as being scary).  There was some turbulence, which made me a bit nervous but I did try to repeat the "not dangerous" mantra.  Overall, a success! Flying is still not my favorite activity but at least now I feel like I can do it, and by myself, too!

Thanks so much!

Well done ..fantastic....so proud of you as will be everyone on this site!!!

Keith

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

About

Captain Keith created this Ning Network.

Helping Each Other

We're here to help all fearful flyers by giving you support, help, encouragement and guidance.

So tell us your story, ask us how we can help.

And maybe you'll tell everyone you know about this forum because even if they haven't told you, someone you know is also anxious about flying.

Fear of flying? This is the internet's biggest free forum. The only on-line fear of flying course is at premium.flyingwithoutfear.com

© 2020   Created by Captain Keith.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service