Next summer I am wanting to take a trip to New Zealand to visit a friend, the only problem is I'm looking at a 17 hour flight from Louisiville, KY to Auckland. I'm scared to death of flying, or aircraft in general. Being near them, seeing pictures or videos taken from them, or even thinking about getting on a flight makes me sick to my stomach. I really would love to go, but I feel like I can't get over my fear of flying. Someone suggested to me that shorter flights might help; making stops in Europe, but that is still 10 hours over the ocean. I've flown four times but they were never longer than two hours, and even then I was afraid. My last flight I even tried a sleep aid and I couldn't sleep because I was too afraid. The taking off doesn't frighten me at all, it's the heights, turbulance, changing sounds of the engine, and landing. Any suggestions on what I should do?

-Brittany

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Brittany - just read your message and wanted to say Hi! I recently joined this website and reading other peoples postive approaches has helped. I am going on the course on 17 July so will let you know how it goes (Fear of Flying course). I can really understand how you must be feeling. I think it would be a really good idea to take some shorter flights before you travel to New Zealand, then you can build up your confidence. Maybe there is a Fear of Flying course near to where you live? Let me know how you get on, Anna
Thanks Anna, I'd really like to hear about the course, I live in the US and I don't think there is one here. Let me know how it goes though! -Brittany
Hi Brittany - thanks for the message. I will let you know how I get on with the course. They may be a similar course in the US. Maybe worth searching the Internet. Bye for now......... Anna

Ms. Brittany said:
Thanks Anna, I'd really like to hear about the course, I live in the US and I don't think there is one here. Let me know how it goes though! -Brittany

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

About

Captain Keith created this Ning Network.

Helping Each Other

We're here to help all fearful flyers by giving you support, help, encouragement and guidance.

So tell us your story, ask us how we can help.

And maybe you'll tell everyone you know about this forum because even if they haven't told you, someone you know is also anxious about flying.

Fear of flying? This is the internet's biggest free forum. The only on-line fear of flying course is at premium.flyingwithoutfear.com

© 2020   Created by Captain Keith.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service