We hit some moderate turbulence over Virginia. F/As had to sit too and I was really worried that...

my bladder would burst -  really shouldn't have had that beer while waiting for my flight. While we hit the bumps my thoughts turned to whether I could pee in the airsickness bag w/o anyone noticing. That was about it!

I looked out the window saw the wings flexing and thought, what a marvelous piece of engineering, this is so cool. 

Thanks to you Captain Keith and the wonderful people in this forum. I know one flight does not a fearless flyer make, but coupled with my job restructuring which meant a lot of travel this year, it feels good to have some control. Hardly cured, but every flight I get less anticipatory anxiety and am closer, not there yet, but inches closer, to getting on a plane the way the fearless do. 

PS the airsickness bag. Didn't think I could pull it off. Just had to suffer until we landed.

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Fear of Flying

Your opening line sure got my attention...but more importantly you're on the way to overcoming your fear. Well done.

Captain Keith
Thanks, I thought the headline would be funny and attention grabbing!
But well, I wanted to crow a bit about being able to fly like a normal person, or at least getting closer to that day.
Fear of Flying

Why not publicise your achievement? It's worth shouting about and that's what we're here for to congratulate people and each other and ourselves because it's a part of overcoming the fear.

WELL DONE

Captain Keith

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

About

Captain Keith created this Ning Network.

Helping Each Other

We're here to help all fearful flyers by giving you support, help, encouragement and guidance.

So tell us your story, ask us how we can help.

And maybe you'll tell everyone you know about this forum because even if they haven't told you, someone you know is also anxious about flying.

Fear of flying? This is the internet's biggest free forum. The only on-line fear of flying course is at premium.flyingwithoutfear.com

© 2020   Created by Captain Keith.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service