Will Turbulence be extreme when you fly around a supertyphoon.

Hello, I am going to Hong Kong tomorrow night and then flying out of Hong Kong on Saturday but the Supertyphoon Megi is in the South China Sea. Is turbulence always severe around these storms.

Can you let me know. I am really nervous flying from Canada to HK.

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Caryln

You won't be flying anywhere near it and if you were to, you'd be well above it. Pilots would route around theses sorts of weather patterns. You have nothing to be anxious about.

Captain Keith
Thanks Captain Keith,

This is the kind of reassurance I need from an expert like you. Very much appreciated.

Captain Keith can you tell me what the white coloured areas are on a turbulence map (I think white = 50,000K ft?) does that mean turbulence is only at that level?

Also, I am listened to your lessons (e.g. turbulence) and I have found them very helpful. I just have to keep reminding myself about what you said turbulence is not dangerous. I am so frightened but I am determined to get on that plane tonight (18 hours).

Thanks again,
Carlyn

Don't worry about the weather maps...you've hired experts to do that for you. If I thought an explanation would help I'd explain things but I know it won't, because if I explain that you'll find something else...because all anxious flyers do!!

"Turbulence is uncomfortable but that's not the same as dangerous."

Keith

Hello Captain Keith, I just came back from China/HK and you were absolutely right. Even with the typhoon nearby we had the smoothest ride from Vancouver to HK (13 hours) regardless of what the weather maps showed. However coming home we had some turbulence for the first 7 hours but I kept repeating in my head "turbulence is not dangerous it is just uncomfortable" as you had said and that got me through the 7 hours of turbulence. Many Thanks Captain Keith.

Captain Keith said:
Carlyn

Don't worry about the weather maps...you've hired experts to do that for you. If I thought an explanation would help I'd explain things but I know it won't, because if I explain that you'll find something else...because all anxious flyers do!!

"Turbulence is uncomfortable but that's not the same as dangerous."

Keith

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

About

Captain Keith created this Ning Network.

Helping Each Other

We're here to help all fearful flyers by giving you support, help, encouragement and guidance.

So tell us your story, ask us how we can help.

And maybe you'll tell everyone you know about this forum because even if they haven't told you, someone you know is also anxious about flying.

Fear of flying? This is the internet's biggest free forum. The only on-line fear of flying course is at premium.flyingwithoutfear.com

© 2020   Created by Captain Keith.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service