I received this recently
Keith

"In case anyone is thinking of going on the course I made this short description.

We arrived after a few people were already there. We were greeted by Keith who introduced us immediatly to everyone else there on the course. We sat chatting to everyone while Vivienne hius wife got us coffee. We were made to feel very welcome which was very comforting because i was very nervous for days before and on the morning i wasnt sure that I'd make it. After coffee we went to the plane which, although is only the front section it got me very anxious just seeing it. Keith ran up the steps opened the door and encouraged us to get on board and take a seat.

my first impression was that I didn't think I could stay on it all day. it brought back all the enclosed feelings and worries that I wouldn't be able to get off but i held back my tears and took a seat near the window..ive never done that before. Keith disappeared and the next thing was a great clonk as the door shut at the front of the plane I was very glad to see him come back quickly smiling and asking us all if that made us feel better or worse... I could feel the old panic coming back but somehow because he made evertyhting seem normal I started to feel better straightaway . (He said we could open and close the door later if we wanted) everything on board was neatly laid out with screens and booklets notes biros and of course lots of elastic bands. we had paper for notes, sweets, water and in the background I could hear all the noises that you get boarding. After a few minutes I was feeling amazingly better...I knew i wasn't trapped and I forgot all my old worries and could listen to everyone else talking...i wasn't in a 'state' of any sort which is another first for me. We had all our questions answered without any hesitation and some answers were so short that you couldn't help think that it must be true. !!!
Keith says it as it is and if he says the wings won't fall off you end up believing him because like he says why would he say something that isn't true.....it would make him look silly when we found out the truth later . For me the best answers were the ones he made us answer if someone asked such and such he would say...if you were in charge what would you insist on? and everytime what we wanted to happen was what actually happens in real life. By the time we were ready for the take off video I was actually feeling alright...he kept asking if there was a plane ready at Lasham who would come with him on a flight? Not many at first but more and more as the day went on. What did I like about it? For me it worked I've been flying since and i used all the tips to control my worries. I liked coming away really convinced that i could do it. I didn't have any worries left that I didn't have a plan for. I expected to be nervous when I flew but i WAS READY FOR IT. Before i got more and more worked up trying to blot it out and pretend it wasn't there. Now I face it knowing what feelings I will get.
The course is very clever becuase you don't know how much your learning as you go along then when you come away and think about it all the what ifs and worries are all sorted out and organised so that I can deal with them. I liked the atmosphere an the plane it was soooooo friendly that you couldn't stay worried for long...everyone was in it together and we shared our feelings and helped each other. The noises and videos made me think i was really flying which is crazy because when I got on I could see there were no wings!! Someone was rellay worried by the taking off so Keith Turi and Viv let us see it over and over saying the same things explaining that it was safe until that person was almost..not qite smiling..

Oh yes the plane smells ands sounds like a plane ...I pretended to flew it for a while in the cockpit keith explained the controls and how litle movement you have to give them to fly the plane even in turbulance .

I haven't mentioned Viv and Turi who backed up everthing Keith said from their own experiences of being ground dispatcher and cabin crew. Sometimes they helped to answer the questions when Keith didnt know. They are all very very confident people about flying and theres no doubt that if they were your crew on the day you wouldn't be so nervous. I pretended to myself that they are on board when i did my flights. lol
that's enough rabling by me as you can tell I really loved the day and I'm a changed person much more now than even on the day.

if your worried about flying go on the course that's what I's say about it..brilliant day out

D.G."

Views: 24

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A few critisisms:

Good language, spelling was alright but could be much better

there were NO bad points which shows that's it's a fake

No normal person feels "fine" after a few seconds, don't put silly things in so called "comments"

"Keith says it as it is and if he says the wings won't fall off you end up believing him because like he says why would he say something that isn't true....."
Answer: he would tell us things that are not true to make us feel better

Your testimonials are all good, you need to put some real ones in otherwise people won't trust you

"I received this recently"
Firstly, who from?
Secondly, when exactly
it doesn't seem real

Feel free to comment on this review
Peter

Thank you for your comments. I am not responsible for the spelling on testimonials that people send me.

Keith
Did other people send them though?????
Proof please mate

Captain Keith said:
Peter Thank you for your comments. I am not responsible for the spelling on testimonials that people send me.

Keith
I am one of the original members of fear of Flying forum.started over 5 years ago . I have also experienced one of Keith's seminars in the 'plane at Alton and can endorse EVERYTHING that was said in the recent testimonial you commented on,. I am flying to Madrid very soon, and since attending Keith's seminar have flown to Italy-3 times, Greece, Jersey, Abu Dhabi and Cuba after over 20 years of none flying!
Perhaps no one has any negative points to note about this course Peter? I would have nothing but positive things to say about this site, Captain Keith and his books, materials etc. Does that make me a fake poster?

peter gray said:
Did other people send them though?????
Proof please mate

Captain Keith said:
Peter Thank you for your comments. I am not responsible for the spelling on testimonials that people send me.

Keith
Peter, I think it's good to question things you read, but if you're going to do that you have to be ready to accept that you might in fact be reading something absolutely genuine. Otherwise you can never trust anyone, in which case you needn't bother asking really.

From my experience, this seems a convincing testimony. Before I came across the website I didn't go on holidays that needed a plane to get to; afterwards, I have literally been around the world (India, Thailand, Australia, US), and even commuted by plane for a while. Although I like to take some of the credit for this progress, I really couldn't have done it without Keith's help, and the transition in perspective that D.G. describes is absolutely familiar to me.

I don't know what position you're in or what brings you here, and I understand if you're just making sure this is a source you can trust, but I can tell you that when I started to believe I could overcome this fear I was pretty damn positive about it, and if I was better organised could conceivably have written something with a similar message. What I'm saying is it's not a logical argument to doubt that something is good just because someone else says it is fantastically so: people get emotive about such things.

Finally, 2 things on the truthfulness of Keith's input or comments. 1. Everything I have ever read, heard or seen Keith say either clearly was, or later turned out to be, true and verifiable, and 2. I'm pretty sure that saying otherwise is defamatory, so best not to do so on the website he runs!

M

peter gray said:
A few critisisms:

Good language, spelling was alright but could be much better

there were NO bad points which shows that's it's a fake

No normal person feels "fine" after a few seconds, don't put silly things in so called "comments"

"Keith says it as it is and if he says the wings won't fall off you end up believing him because like he says why would he say something that isn't true....."
Answer: he would tell us things that are not true to make us feel better

Your testimonials are all good, you need to put some real ones in otherwise people won't trust you

"I received this recently"
Firstly, who from?
Secondly, when exactly
it doesn't seem real

Feel free to comment on this review
Hi Everyone

Thank you for your support. Perhaps a solution would be for anyone who has been on the course being available on the telephone (privately) to speak to someone who is thinking about the course.

If that is reasonable you could send your tel number to me via godyk@aol.com and If people want to chat about the course I could pass it on to them in person if they first make telephone contact with me.

Ideas and suggestions welcome.

Keith

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

About

Captain Keith created this Ning Network.

Helping Each Other

We're here to help all fearful flyers by giving you support, help, encouragement and guidance.

So tell us your story, ask us how we can help.

And maybe you'll tell everyone you know about this forum because even if they haven't told you, someone you know is also anxious about flying.

Fear of flying? This is the internet's biggest free forum. The only on-line fear of flying course is at premium.flyingwithoutfear.com

© 2022   Created by Captain Keith.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service