hello to all and Merry Christmas!!

ihope everyone is enjoying this Christmas and may 2011 bring everything you wished for!!

Its been a year since my last flight and every 2-3 months i am trying to book a flight and go somewhere! Now, we said with my friends to go on a trip 18-20 February. Just by the thought i started to panic and not eing able to concetrate on anything else and thats what makes me cancel my plans so far! I know that if i dont go i will never get over it but does anyone had this? how do you manage to get your mind off and think something else???

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i find this tricky too. with my very recent flight i decided that i wont worry until the actual day when i will allow myself to worry. this really worked and i got a goood night sleep before!!! On the day itself i did lots of deep breathing and kept imaginig my destination and how happy i will be to get there! From my last post here you can probably see that my flight was less than pleasant but i have today booked another one for may to see my mum on her birthday. keith has helped me so much, actually so much more than I thought was possible. The pilots know what they are doing!!!! Think of a great holiday and the quickest way to get there is by plane. its not fun but the holiday will be!!!!
 Thank you Iana. How did you manage to do that and not think about the flight? I say that to myself as well but all i think is the flight and what if the weather is bad and what if..... Did you talk to captain Keith on the phone or just by reading this site?

Iana Ames said:
i find this tricky too. with my very recent flight i decided that i wont worry until the actual day when i will allow myself to worry. this really worked and i got a goood night sleep before!!! On the day itself i did lots of deep breathing and kept imaginig my destination and how happy i will be to get there! From my last post here you can probably see that my flight was less than pleasant but i have today booked another one for may to see my mum on her birthday. keith has helped me so much, actually so much more than I thought was possible. The pilots know what they are doing!!!! Think of a great holiday and the quickest way to get there is by plane. its not fun but the holiday will be!!!!
I was on one of his courses and this helped me a very great deal. The main message i took away is that planes are checked and flown by experts who know what they are doing and no worry of mine will change that. This does not mean that I don't worry but it has put my worry into perspective. I know that my fear is unfounded now so it's easier to deal with. I literally concentrate on the facts. I will never enjoy flying but I dont need too, as long as I can get on a plane I am happy. If you can, attend one of keith's courses. When I did the course back in November keith set me a challenge to stand up on the plane as I have managed to do long haul flights firmly glued to my seat, legs crossed, cause i was too scared to get up and use the toilet. Well, this time on both the outbound flights I stood up. On the inbound flight I managed to walk the length of the plane to take my little boy to the loo. It's only a little thing I know but I felt I won the world cup.  
Nikoleta Michaelidou said:
 Thank you Iana. How did you manage to do that and not think about the flight? I say that to myself as well but all i think is the flight and what if the weather is bad and what if..... Did you talk to captain Keith on the phone or just by reading this site?

Iana Ames said:

Thank you again so much! Unfortunately, i leave in the island of Cyprus so in order to go to the course i need to actually get on the plane and come to England! :) I ordered everything though and read some every day! I just need to manage this because it really kills me inside!

Thank you so much and great job!

Iana Ames said:

I was on one of his courses and this helped me a very great deal. The main message i took away is that planes are checked and flown by experts who know what they are doing and no worry of mine will change that. This does not mean that I don't worry but it has put my worry into perspective. I know that my fear is unfounded now so it's easier to deal with. I literally concentrate on the facts. I will never enjoy flying but I dont need too, as long as I can get on a plane I am happy. If you can, attend one of keith's courses. When I did the course back in November keith set me a challenge to stand up on the plane as I have managed to do long haul flights firmly glued to my seat, legs crossed, cause i was too scared to get up and use the toilet. Well, this time on both the outbound flights I stood up. On the inbound flight I managed to walk the length of the plane to take my little boy to the loo. It's only a little thing I know but I felt I won the world cup.  

Iana Ames said:
well ok. i can see that being in cyprus is a problem in terms of coming on the course. i just so know it would help you. i live less than an hours drive from the keith's course. you can stay with me for a few days and if u want i fly to cyprus and pick u up. it would be good practise for me and i know that u will be able to fly back after.

Thank you again so much! Unfortunately, i leave in the island of Cyprus so in order to go to the course i need to actually get on the plane and come to England! :) I ordered everything though and read some every day! I just need to manage this because it really kills me inside!

Iana Ames said:

Iana Ames said:

That is so nice of you! :) That is a great thing to do. I will have it in mind when i feel more ready to travel for almost 5 hours! My first step is to take a flight to Greece which is only 1 hr and a 30 min but even that cant seem to do. I think what if the weather is bad and so on!

Thank you again for the offer though and you are definately more that welcome to visit sunny Cyprus! :)

Iana Ames said:

well ok. i can see that being in cyprus is a problem in terms of coming on the course. i just so know it would help you. i live less than an hours drive from the keith's course. you can stay with me for a few days and if u want i fly to cyprus and pick u up. it would be good practise for me and i know that u will be able to fly back after.

Iana Ames said:

Iana Ames said:

Thank you. I keep sunny Cyprus in mind! But if u ever feel ready to do the course or rather to get there, let me know! A shorter flight to start with might be more managable. I understand about the worry with the weather too. On my last flight 2 days ago the plane had to be de-iced before take-off and then the weels came down and went up again twice during the going up phase. The pilot told us before that this would happen because he needs to get rid of all the slush on the wheels. At that point I decided to stop being so arrogant and to assume that the de-ice people dont know wht they are doing. Cause they do but I dont. Nikoleta, I am not cured - by no means - but someting has clicked since the course with keith. As much as it is uncomforatble - it is not dangerous. I just hope I can keep flying, I dont want to get back to where I was before. hence I have booked again for May and then in the summer holidays! My ultimate would be to take a year out to go to India before my youngest starts seconday school in 3.5 years time.  That will be a heck of a lot of flying!!!

That is so nice of you! :) That is a great thing to do. I will have it in mind when i feel more ready to travel for almost 5 hours! My first step is to take a flight to Greece which is only 1 hr and a 30 min but even that cant seem to do. I think what if the weather is bad and so on!

Thank you again for the offer though and you are definately more that welcome to visit sunny Cyprus! :)

Iana Ames said:

Iana Ames said:

Iana Ames said:

I really wish i could be in the course! You are doing great however, very good work!! India sounds so exciting

My friends and hunsband are trying to convince me to book a flight to athens next month, i want to so so much but i just think that i wont be able to handle all the stress before hand and that kills me. Just by the idea i stress! Hopefully, i will be able to deal with it soon!

Iana Ames said:

Thank you. I keep sunny Cyprus in mind! But if u ever feel ready to do the course or rather to get there, let me know! A shorter flight to start with might be more managable. I understand about the worry with the weather too. On my last flight 2 days ago the plane had to be de-iced before take-off and then the weels came down and went up again twice during the going up phase. The pilot told us before that this would happen because he needs to get rid of all the slush on the wheels. At that point I decided to stop being so arrogant and to assume that the de-ice people dont know wht they are doing. Cause they do but I dont. Nikoleta, I am not cured - by no means - but someting has clicked since the course with keith. As much as it is uncomforatble - it is not dangerous. I just hope I can keep flying, I dont want to get back to where I was before. hence I have booked again for May and then in the summer holidays! My ultimate would be to take a year out to go to India before my youngest starts seconday school in 3.5 years time.  That will be a heck of a lot of flying!!!

Iana Ames said:

Iana Ames said:

Iana Ames said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

About

Captain Keith created this Ning Network.

Helping Each Other

We're here to help all fearful flyers by giving you support, help, encouragement and guidance.

So tell us your story, ask us how we can help.

And maybe you'll tell everyone you know about this forum because even if they haven't told you, someone you know is also anxious about flying.

Fear of flying? This is the internet's biggest free forum. The only on-line fear of flying course is at premium.flyingwithoutfear.com

© 2022   Created by Captain Keith.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service