Attended the July 17th Flying without Fear Course in Hampshire

Hi - I just wanted to share my thoughts on the course that I attended yesterday in Hampshire, that was delivered by Captain Keith Godfrey.

If anyone is thinking of attending the course in the future then I would definately recommend it.  I have attended a fear of flying course before (in 2004 to be precise!!  - it was a course that was delivered by a major airline).  However on this occasion, I wanted to try something completely different and the course I attended yesterday had a personal feel and the fact that the lectures were carried out on the plane was helpful to me.  There were just 6 of us, so very small in numbers, and there is the opportunity to take a supporter if you wish.  The course covered everything and there was ample time to ask questions. 

I bought 3 of the books that Keith has written and had a quick look at them last night - all looked excellent - very easy to read and well organised.  I will look forward to studying these.

My plan now is to take a short flight before too long and put into practice the strategies I learnt yesterday.  This website is brilliant as well - so glad I found it!!!  Anyway, I do believe that there is a course next month so if you are thinking of attending but can't quite decide, then I would definatley go for it! 

Views: 12

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Anna,
Well said . I would certainly recommend taking a short flight after attending Keith's course and working on your strategy to tackle your fear of flying.Sitting in the plane at the course and watching the videos of take off is very realistic.
As Keith keeps saying his course has the personal touch and I am sure you know so much more information about a flight and all the noises and sensations which to Keith are Normal. After attending a course on my "inaugural " flight afterwards my husband got tired of me telling him oh that is the undercarriage closing, that whirring sound is the wing flaps moving etc.All knowledge helps you to relax more . Do practise deep breathing. I have found this very helpful but you have to start doing it several weeks before a flight so you can automatically start to do it when you need to relax.Keep working on your fear and with your determination you will soon be taking to the skies- it is worth the hard work, Meeting Keith 5 years ago I never dreamed of flying to the Middle east and Cuba but I have been to both and there I was worrying about a 1.5 hour trip to France!
Best wishes, Elizabeth.
Hi Elizabeth - thanks for the advice - was very interested to hear about your experience. Must be very satisfying having been able to fly off to the Middle East and Cuba. I dont think I'll book anything quite so far to start off with, but you never know!!!! Will keep you posted on this site! You're right about the breathing exercises as well. I bought the Vol 2 and Vol3 edition of Keiths books and relaxation is featured along with other approaches.
Thanks again
Best wishes, Anna

Elizabeth said:
Hi Anna,
Well said . I would certainly recommend taking a short flight after attending Keith's course and working on your strategy to tackle your fear of flying.Sitting in the plane at the course and watching the videos of take off is very realistic.
As Keith keeps saying his course has the personal touch and I am sure you know so much more information about a flight and all the noises and sensations which to Keith are Normal. After attending a course on my "inaugural " flight afterwards my husband got tired of me telling him oh that is the undercarriage closing, that whirring sound is the wing flaps moving etc.All knowledge helps you to relax more . Do practise deep breathing. I have found this very helpful but you have to start doing it several weeks before a flight so you can automatically start to do it when you need to relax.Keep working on your fear and with your determination you will soon be taking to the skies- it is worth the hard work, Meeting Keith 5 years ago I never dreamed of flying to the Middle east and Cuba but I have been to both and there I was worrying about a 1.5 hour trip to France!
Best wishes, Elizabeth.
Thank you Anna

Keith and Vivienne

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

About

Captain Keith created this Ning Network.

Helping Each Other

We're here to help all fearful flyers by giving you support, help, encouragement and guidance.

So tell us your story, ask us how we can help.

And maybe you'll tell everyone you know about this forum because even if they haven't told you, someone you know is also anxious about flying.

Fear of flying? This is the internet's biggest free forum. The only on-line fear of flying course is at premium.flyingwithoutfear.com

© 2021   Created by Captain Keith.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service