Hello and i hope everyone had nice holidays:)

I wanted to share with all of you my two big steps for 2011.

First i booked my return flight home for 3rd of february:) and i am very positive about it.

Second i quit smoking after 11 years:)(it has nothing to do with flying but is very important for me)

I must confess i am a little nervous about the flight and i think my main concern is the weather and i am starting to what if's....

I am traveling with my husband this time comparing to my last bad experience when i was on my own(my last experience was two years ago, when i couldn't get on the plane to go back to work in Gibraltar and ended up in the hospital for 2 days for severe panic attack) so i am sure that having his company will make me feel much better.

After i watched the DVD like 4 times and i read the small booklet few times, i must say that i improved a lot. i am still afraid but it is normal. i am sure i will get on the plane and i will FLY HOME.

I am doing breathing exercises every day to learn how to keep the panic attack away.

Hopefully i will keep my strength even in 3 weeks time when my flying time will come.

I wish all a happy new year and happy landings:)

Greetings,

Anca

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Anca

Well done so far  stay positive but even more important stay realistic. The past is in the past and now you must move on

and if you can give up cigarettes then you must realise how much will power and strength you have...go for it ...and succeed.

Keith

Ps  what if you enjoy the flight ?  What if the weather is fine and beautiful in your opinion?

Keith

Exactly the positive what if's are much better, arent they?:)

Thank you for your nice words C. Keith and i want you to know that i appreciate you help.

ill keep digging for info on the forum till february:)

Have a fantastic evening.

Captain Keith said:

Ps  what if you enjoy the flight ?  What if the weather is fine and beautiful in your opinion?

Keith

Anca, fantastic to hear you have given up smoking- far more dangerous consequences than flying.

In the next few days keep doing the deep breathing every day read everything you can that keith writes, have plenty of books/magazines etc to keep you busy during the flight.The pre flight "nerves" will probably be worse than the flight-tell the crew you are a nervous flier if you think that might  be of some help-

Taking those first steps is not easy However, if you have quit smoking, as Keith says you have strong will power. so go for it and take to the skies.

Elizabeth.

Good morning Elizabeth and all,

I have to confess that last night i dreamed only planes and boarding and flying:)) but i must say i woke up quite happy cause non of my dreams were bad:)

I will do whatever it takes to do it and i am sure i CAN do it:).

I allready bought 3 lovely books which i am going to save for the flights and i asked my husband to make a nice slection of music to put on the ipod. count down 3 weeks and 4 days:).I watched all the videos from the site (two, three times each:))) and i have to confess that the one that gave me much more confidence is the taking off video. I do not like the one that goes thru the clouds but i am going to watch it over and over again:) till i will get used to it.

I wish you all a lovely weekend
Anca:)
Elizabeth said:

Anca, fantastic to hear you have given up smoking- far more dangerous consequences than flying.

In the next few days keep doing the deep breathing every day read everything you can that keith writes, have plenty of books/magazines etc to keep you busy during the flight.The pre flight "nerves" will probably be worse than the flight-tell the crew you are a nervous flier if you think that might  be of some help-

Taking those first steps is not easy However, if you have quit smoking, as Keith says you have strong will power. so go for it and take to the skies.

Elizabeth.

Anca

GOOD STUFF...THAT'S THE WAY TO DO IT. WELL DONE

Keith

what dvd you watched?
The DVD you can find here in teh shop section:)

Nikoleta Michaelidou said:
what dvd you watched?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

About

Captain Keith created this Ning Network.

Helping Each Other

We're here to help all fearful flyers by giving you support, help, encouragement and guidance.

So tell us your story, ask us how we can help.

And maybe you'll tell everyone you know about this forum because even if they haven't told you, someone you know is also anxious about flying.

Fear of flying? This is the internet's biggest free forum. The only on-line fear of flying course is at premium.flyingwithoutfear.com

© 2022   Created by Captain Keith.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service