dear capitan ,

i am due to fly on saturday 24th with ryanair who just cancelled flights until wednesday. what do you think are the chances it continues? i don't want to wait until last minute and I want to plan to go later or book at couch

Views: 13

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It really is uncertain, you may find it difficult even now to book something on any other transport. Why not see first if you can make alternative arrangements and then make a decision. The airlines seem to be wanting more information this morning so I think today will bring some decisions from the authorities.

Keith
Hmm, I am going to Germany on Friday...back on Sunday...I am also interested if a have a chance to fly there.
I have started thinking a dust may be an excuse of not flying but I wouldn't feel proud of myself if I escape.

Keith, tell more about the dust, an influence for the safety,...please.
Did they really exaggerate? What was the result of BA, KLM, Lufthansa tests?

Daria
Don't know the answer to that question yet. I think the respose has been good...the reporting ...a bit over the top.

I'll let you know about the test flights as soon as I have some news.

Keith
i have just seen the live announcement. scary to be honest- up to last minute they didn't want to allow any BA to land at Heathrow and now all the airports are open form 10pm... how is that? how did the safety rules changed... airlines making their own risk assessments... checking engines after each flight.... to be honest I am quite relieved as there is a chance I can go home but what just worries me is how things changed from all airports closed to all opened... is it a pressure from the airlines... ?how can I know what is more important for them - most probably their million pounds lost every day
Karolina

That's what safety is all about...assessing things as they change and, there comes a time when it's considered OK to fly again. It will not be pressure from the airlines...what they have done I suspect is to have funded and provided equipment to do the flight tests.

What company in its right mind would take a chance with the lives of its passengers. If an airline had an accident because of this volcanic dust and had flown because of commercial pressure it would be out of business the next day....a whole lot more than a paltry million pounds a day.

Keith
Thank you. This makes sense however it's difficult to put your life in other people's hands. I am due to fly with Ryanair this saturday but I am thinking to move it to next week just to allow few days for everything to calm down and observe what will happen.
No need to

Keith
Keith, do you have any idea why ryanair cancelled their flights for an extra day?
why they didn't start to operate like everybody else? do they perhaps need to train their staff on how to check the plane for the ash damages as it is now required?

and now they are on the news again regarding paying people fees for accomodation etc? they don't have the best reputation in the market, do they? can it affect their safety and quality of their staff...?

so far it looks like i will be going...
I don't have any information on the ryanair flights.

Engineers don't need extra training, they'll just be looking for certain indications. Low cost is not low safety

Keith
Dear Keith,
Countdown to Saturday. I am just watching your DVD. There is one thing I want to know as it always makes me panic. The worst part for me is when it's just fly after take off. Can you please tell me why during this time the noise of engines changes from time to time and why the plane moves (seems like up and down movements). Once I was even convinced we wre descending as the clouds all of the sudden were very close (almost like when you land). Thank you
P.S. the end of your dvd, the flight from southampton always makes me cry,
Hi Karolina,
There are changes in the engine noises after take off as the pilot reduces some engine power as he has reached the altitude as advised by air traffic control.You are still moving forward . You may climb again and hear a reduction in the engine noise until eventually you will arrive at cruising height and cruising speed. It is all perfectly normal and nothing to worry about.- all in a day's work for the Captain.
Best wishes, Elizabeth.

Karolina said:
Dear Keith,
Countdown to Saturday. I am just watching your DVD. There is one thing I want to know as it always makes me panic. The worst part for me is when it's just fly after take off. Can you please tell me why during this time the noise of engines changes from time to time and why the plane moves (seems like up and down movements). Once I was even convinced we wre descending as the clouds all of the sudden were very close (almost like when you land). Thank you
P.S. the end of your dvd, the flight from southampton always makes me cry,
Hi Elizabeth,
thanks, this makes sense but sometimes you can hear a change is engine sound once it's cruising... why is that?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

About

Captain Keith created this Ning Network.

Helping Each Other

We're here to help all fearful flyers by giving you support, help, encouragement and guidance.

So tell us your story, ask us how we can help.

And maybe you'll tell everyone you know about this forum because even if they haven't told you, someone you know is also anxious about flying.

Fear of flying? This is the internet's biggest free forum. The only on-line fear of flying course is at premium.flyingwithoutfear.com

© 2022   Created by Captain Keith.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service