HI,
I have suffered with panic attacks now for 5 years i have good and bad patches.
My mum and some of her friends book a holiday every year and me and boyfriend decided to go away with them this year as it may comfort me more being with a bigger group of people who i know.
Anyway, things were ok then i had a relapse with my panic attacks a couple of months ago and havent even been driving out too far on my own and i am due to go on holiday to tenerife in 3 weeks and i am dreading the plane journey because i know im going to be on that plane and there is no way of getting off!! 
What happens if someone is to get really bad on the plane either with a panic attack or they are really unwell?? Are the staff on board trained in first aid?

Views: 16

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Fear of Flying

Hi Kerrie

We're running a fear of flying course on the 18th September. We can find a space for you if you want to come along. It will be better than doing nothing and I'm sure it will help you. From where you live it won't take you much more than and hour and a quarter to get to us...let me know and I'll send you more details.

You can bring along a friend at no extra cost, other than £10.00 for refreshments and lunch.
You can come along to another course free of charge when ever you want.
If the course doesn't work we'll return your money.

Captain Keith
Hi,
If you can get to Alton in Hants you get to sit in the cabin of a static plane which is brilliant for overcoming feelings of panic because you can get used to being there with no pressure. Keith can give you facts and loads of information about flying which really does help go on Take the plunge,It may be a life changing experience for you.
I did so 5 years ago and my next flight is in 2 days time.
Elizabeth.(one of the long standingfear of flying members!)
Hi,
I would really like to come but i have to work this weekend, how much is the course? as usual i have left things to the last minute only just found this site!
Its funny because i think the fear of having a full blown panic attack on the plane is scaring me more than the flying, its just the feeling of not being able to get off.
Hi Kerrie

The course is £149 including lunch refreshments and VAT
If it doesn't work I'll refund your money

Keith

Kerrie Harman said:
Hi,
I would really like to come but i have to work this weekend, how much is the course? as usual i have left things to the last minute only just found this site!
Its funny because i think the fear of having a full blown panic attack on the plane is scaring me more than the flying, its just the feeling of not being able to get off.
"The fear of not being able to get off"

exactly

Captain Keith said:
Hi Kerrie The course is £149 including lunch refreshments and VAT

Keith

Kerrie Harman said:
Hi,
"The fear of not being able to get off"

exactly

Captain Keith said:
Hi Kerrie The course is £149 including lunch refreshments and VAT

Keith

Kerrie Harman said:
Hi,
Hi Kerrie

Yes the staff are trained to assist you. Apart from a panic attack why would you want to get off?

Keith
You mustn't make things worse by reinforcing your fears, by for example agreeing that something makes you fearful. The anxiety that you get about not being able to get off may be true but why keep re-stating that fact?

If you tell someone that they should be scared of the dark every day, what do you think the outcome would be?

What effect would that have on someone who is scared of the dark anyway?

It may seem to be a very trivial thing but it perpetuates your fear. If you want to overcome your fears stop reinforcing them...however hard you find it to do. After all it's a whole lot easier to do that for you right now than getting on a plane

Step by step...however small they are.

SHOP

Captain Keith
"If you tell someone that they should be scared of the dark every day, what do you think the outcome would be?"

If you tell someone that there is nothing to be scared of on planes every day, what do you think the outcome will be?
I'm still scared

Captain Keith said:
You mustn't make things worse by reinforcing your fears, by for example agreeing that something makes you fearful. The anxiety that you get about not being able to get off may be true but why keep re-stating that fact? If you tell someone that they should be scared of the dark every day, what do you think the outcome would be?

What effect would that have on someone who is scared of the dark anyway?

It may seem to be a very trivial thing but it perpetuates your fear. If you want to overcome your fears stop reinforcing them...however hard you find it to do. After all it's a whole lot easier to do that for you right now than getting on a plane

Step by step...however small they are.

SHOP

Captain Keith
Hi Kerrie

I had a sort of mini panic attack on a plane once, and the staff were excellent, both in the way they were to me and in their first aid knowledge (and it was a budget airline, not my private jet!)

Let them know when you get on that you're quite anxious and you'll know they're looking out for you. If someone is seriously ill planes can be diverted if necessary, but most of the time if something happens then just sitting or lying down, drinking some water and deep breathing will be enough. Better still to avoid feeling that way in the first place though - make the course if you can.

M
Hi

There's a thing called Medicare (or something like that) that some airlines subscribe to where a radio link to the ground can access doctors nurses and all the medical advice and support that might be needed on a flight.

Captain Keith

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

About

Captain Keith created this Ning Network.

Helping Each Other

We're here to help all fearful flyers by giving you support, help, encouragement and guidance.

So tell us your story, ask us how we can help.

And maybe you'll tell everyone you know about this forum because even if they haven't told you, someone you know is also anxious about flying.

Fear of flying? This is the internet's biggest free forum. The only on-line fear of flying course is at premium.flyingwithoutfear.com

© 2022   Created by Captain Keith.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service